Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Overview:
The Dental Nurse role complements the role of other dental professionals. One of the primary roles is to provide chair side support to dental professionals and deliver a high level of patient care.
Dental Nurses may work in a variety of clinical environments and the Apprenticeship reflects all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a dental nurse’s role and will provide the apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
Dental Nurses are registered professional and work within the standards and scope of practice defined by the GDC Scope of Practice document:
- Age requirement 16+
- Minimum 30 hours in the workplace up to 40 hours weekly.
- To enable learner to get to Gateway learner must undertake the Level 3 diploma in principles and practices of dental Nursing and Functional Skills English and Maths @ Level 2
- Learners must achieve 49 credits from the 17 mandatory units – One of which is for Basic Life Support with CPR
- Undertake Functional Skills in English and Maths
- To be able to work chair side learners must have the relevant vaccinations – Hep B. They must have a test in approx. 3 months to check that they are protected. Up until this point Learners can work on reception and in the decontamination room.
- In relation to Vaccinations this may be offered through the dental practice using their own occupational health or learners may seek through own GP which may incur costs.
- Whilst training the learner will be covered by the dental practices insurance
- We have many vacancies available please apply to find out more
Further duties will include Chair side support, administration and reception support along with clinical hygiene
Personal Skills required:
Interest in Dental and well-being
Keen to learn and develop existing skills
Good English both written and verbal
IT Skills essential
Upon completion of your level 3 you will then register with the GDC and complete the journey to become a Dental Practitioner or within your chosen field. You will also be progressing into permanent employment upon completion of your apprenticeship.
Salary: £3.50 /hour
Current Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Vacancies:
Hope Dental Clinic
SH Dental Care
White Align Dental
Regency House Dental Practice
Gatehouse Dental Practice
SCA Trafalgar Dental Practice Woolston
Walberton Dental Practice
Todmorton Dental Centre
Hanwell Dental Centre
Apply For A Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Vacancy:
To apply for a Dental Nurse Apprenticeship please complete the below form and inform us of which vacancy it is you are interested in: