Level 5 Apprenticeship in Standard – Children, Young People & Families Manager (Option 1)
Course Level: Level 5
Study mode: Full Time
This apprenticeship is designed to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of professionals working in residential childcare. The qualification is suitable for managers/ deputy managers of residential childcare settings.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be supported to develop the following specialist skills & knowledge as part of your on programme delivery in the workplace with one of our specialist tutors.
- The principles of long term care and support for children and young people.
- The legislation, the theoretical approaches and the compliance requirements for running a residential care home for the care and support of children and young people
- The theory and best practice in the use of restraint
Optional Modules Including:
- Ensures each child receives care and that the continuity of care for each child is in place
- Models the behaviour expected from staff and communicates a clear message about the responsibilities required in the care and support of children
- Manages and monitors safe systems of physical restraint
Mandatory qualifications included in this standard:
- Level 5 diploma in leadership and management for residential childcare
- Level 2 Functional skills English
- Level 2 Functional skills Maths
End point assessment requirements:
On completion of the above qualifications, you will be required to undertake an end-point assessment which will be carried out by an independent assessment organisation selected by your employer.
The end point assessment will include the following activities:
- Graded situational judgement test (4 questions and will last 45 mins)
- Competence interview informed by portfolio (55-65 mins duration)
Both assessment activities will be graded and the outcome of the end point assessment will result in a final grade which allows for a pass or distinction to be awarded.
How to enrol:
Call: 01782 646346