Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare
Course Level: Level 5
Delivery: Apprenticeship & Learner Loan
Study mode: Full Time
Timescale: 20 Months
This apprenticeship is designed to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of professionals working in residential childcare. The qualification is suitable for managers/ deputy managers of residential childcare settings.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be supported to develop the following specialist skills & knowledge as part of your on programme delivery in the workplace with one of our specialist tutors.
- The principles of long term care and support for children and young people.
- The legislation, the theoretical approaches and the compliance requirements for running a residential care home for the care and support of children and young people
- The theory and best practice in the use of restraint
Optional Modules Including:
- Ensures each child receives care and that the continuity of care for each child is in place
- Models the behaviour expected from staff and communicates a clear message about the responsibilities required in the care and support of children
- Manages and monitors safe systems of physical restraint
This Qualification Is Suitable For:
- Managers and deputy managers of residential childcare settings
Funding is available for these courses through a range of government funding options including apprenticeships and learner loans.
On successful completion, learners may wish to continue their development with one of the following qualifications:
- A foundation degree or degree in related discipline
How to enrol:
Call: 01782 646346